Austin Industrial is a merit shop, employee-owned company and has been a provider of construction, maintenance, plant services, turnaround and specialty services to the oil, gas and chemical, energy (power and ethanol), and manufacturing industries for more than 60 years.
We are currently seeking experienced Pipefitter Journeyman. This person will be able to lay out, assemble, install, and maintain pipe systems, pipe supports, and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment for steam, hot water, heating, cooling, lubricating, sprinkling, and industrial production and processing systems. This is accomplished by performing the following essential duties and responsibilities. Other duties may be assigned. Must have a minimum of 4 years’ experience within the craft.
- Cut, thread, and hammer pipe to specifications, using tools such as saws, cutting torches, and pipe threaders and benders.
- Assemble and secure pipes, tubes, fittings, and related equipment, according to specifications, by welding, brazing, cementing, soldering, and threading joints.
- Attach pipes to walls, structures and fixtures, such as radiators or tanks, using brackets, clamps, tools or welding equipment.
- Inspect, examine, and test installed systems and pipe lines, using pressure gauge, hydrostatic testing, observation, or other methods.
- Measure and mark pipes for cutting and threading.
- Lay out full scale drawings of pipe systems, supports, and related equipment, following blueprints.
- Plan pipe system layout, installation, or repair according to specifications.
- Select pipe sizes and types and related materials, such as supports, hangers, and hydraulic cylinders, according to specifications.
- Cut and bore holes in structures, such as bulkheads, decks, walls, and mains, prior to pipe installation, using hand and power tools.
- Modify, clean, and maintain pipe systems, units, fittings, and related machines and equipment, following specifications and using hand and power tools.
- Install automatic controls used to regulate pipe systems.
- Turn valves to shut off steam, water, or other gases or liquids from pipe sections, using valve keys or wrenches.
- Remove and replace worn components.
- Prepare cost estimates for clients.
- Inspect work sites for obstructions and to ensure that holes will not cause structural weakness.
- Operate motorized pumps to remove water from flooded manholes, basements, or facility floors.
- Dip nonferrous piping materials in a mixture of molten tin and lead to obtain a coating that prevents erosion or galvanic and electrolytic action.
More Opportunities View All