Program Manager Collinsville, IL
Walker-Miller Energy Services is a 23-year-old Detroit-based, core-values driven company committed to changing lives through energy efficiency. We create and manage customized energy waste reduction programs that help electric and gas utilities meet mandated energy savings goals.
Our experience driven philosophy of energy efficiency as economic development helps families and businesses save energy and save money. Through innovative, inclusive initiatives, we help build communities by creating local jobs, producing equitable energy savings for all rate payers, and spurring the growth of diverse local businesses.
Our operating philosophy is reflected in our core values. We refer to them as B-Hive.
B - Boldly Go
E- Embrace Equity
H - Humble Confidence
I - Inclusive Stewardship
V - Value Reputation
E - Extraordinary Experience
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Embrace and operate within our core values.
- Develop and implement a plan to attract new customers/energy efficiency service providers to meet program objectives.
- Provide administrative services plan to develop client reporting processes.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the program’s strategic direction regarding energy efficiency and the business activities of its customers.
- Complete reviews of program applications to ensure adherence to program rules and requirements.
- Assist in the development of a QA/QC plan to ensure accurate program results and good evaluation results.
- Coordinate with program evaluators to understand evaluation plans and communicate program procedures to staff.
- Oversee program staff where applicable, including interviewing, planning, assigning, completing performance evaluations, coaching, mentoring and directing work.
- Complete and manage quarterly program performance evaluations with staff and client.
- Develop case studies as needed.
- Assist the client with idea generation and research on program options.
- Manage the utility relationship and serve as an advocate for the client.
- Provide day to day leadership to program staff including managing program promotions, communication, marketing requests, and assisting team to creatively meet the goals of the program.
- Assist with the preparation of monthly invoices and activity reports as required to the client, partner, or Walker-Miller Energy Services management.
- Develop and oversee the processing of energy efficiency project paperwork through designated tracking systems.
- Be a member of several working groups that will coordinate program with other organizations working in the program.
- Manage and report KPIs as required to the client, partner, or our company’s management by the requested due date.
- Incorporate “best practice” methods of energy efficiency program implementation.
- Provide a professional appearance appropriate to represent both Walker-Miller Energy Services and the utilities.
- Lead and attend relevant presentations promoting energy efficiency programs.
- Practice effective project management skills in leading the program.
- Ensure continuous improvement of operations year after year.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- At least three years working in the energy efficiency industry.
- Proven leadership abilities in a rapidly changing environment.
- Proficiency in financial and project management.
- Experience with residential and commercial/industrial energy efficiency programs.
- Proven leadership in a fast-paced environment
- Detail-oriented and have an ability to prioritize workload and delegate appropriate work assignments to team members.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Strong data entry skills in entering information in tracking systems/databases.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and written.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data and solve practical problems.
- Knowledge of mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages and ratios.
- Reliable transportation.
Licenses & Certifications
- Valid driver's license with acceptable driving record.
- PMP certification desired.
- Willingness to travel 25% of the time in the state of Illinois, including some overnight travel and the Detroit Headquarters on occasion.
More Opportunities View All