Public Sector Energy Advisor
Leidos seeks a Public Sector Energy Advisor to both market and support energy-efficiency projects in support of the Ameren Illinois Energy Efficiency business program. This exciting position offers a very unique career opportunity for a dynamic person with excellent outreach, public sector sales, communication, and organizational skills to influence leading-edge energy efficiency projects within a creative team environment.
Location: This is a telecommuting position, however candidate must live nearby one of the following areas: Springfield IL, St Louis MO and Peoria IL.
Travel: This position requires 25-50% travel, typically day trips (1-3 days per week). Occasional overnight travel (1-2 times per year) for conferences/seminars.
- Directly sell, market, and coordinate program energy efficiency services to large public sector entities that would include but not limited to municipal, county, state and federal agencies, public K-12 schools, community colleges, universities/colleges, and associations/organizations that support the energy consuming systems in facilities on behalf of utility-sponsored energy efficiency programs
- Manage this existing market segment for Ameren Illinois with energy savings responsibility as the primary focus
- Work closely with existing territory Energy Advisors to broadly implement and market program energy efficiency incentives
- Ability to work on a range of projects from screening of applications, maintaining public sector relationships, executing programs, delivering presentations, participating in promotional events
- Perform sector market analysis and provide input in developing/modifying programs to meet changing market needs
- Coordinate and educate customers, and provide training for internal and external clients on energy related issues
- Work closely with public sector facilities, contractors, suppliers, and engineers to encourage energy efficiency practices in both existing and new facilities
- The Public Sector Energy Advisor will report to the Business Program Manager
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or other related Bachelor’s Science/technical degree with 4+ years of relevant public sector experience such as: maintenance, project management, energy programs, utility account representation, key account management, or in the energy efficiency industry is desired.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to perform field sales type meetings and verification of pre and post installation of energy efficiency measures.
- The candidate should have basic general knowledge of public sector budget cycles, large building energy systems, construction practices, and/or the energy efficiency industry.
- Must be able to utilize initiative to develop relationships with customers, vendors and professional organizations to keep up to date and demonstrate knowledge of operational trends, energy efficiency technologies, practices, and regulations in electric and natural gas demand side management.
- Must be highly motivated, detail oriented, well organized, self-starting, have strong written and verbal communication skills, and work well in a team setting. It is critical that productivity and accuracy be demonstrated in performance of work.
- Must have willingness to learn, grow and expand capabilities.
Proficiency with Microsoft Office software and computers in general is required
More Opportunities View All