Public Sector Energy Advisor Peoria IL
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
Location: This position is fully remote. Ameren Illinois and Leidos believe it is very important to provide employment opportunity to the utility ratepayers that reside in Illinois. Therefore, there is Strong preference for the successful candidate to be located in the Ameren Illinois service territory https://www.ameren.com/illinoi... (roughly the southern two-thirds of Illinois). The Ameren Illinois service territory includes several large to mid-size communities such as Galesburg, Quincy, Peoria, Bloomington-Normal, Champaign-Urbana, Danville, Decatur, Springfield, Charleston-Mattoon, Effingham, Mt. Vernon, Marion, Carbondale, and Metro East (Belleville, O'Fallon, Granite City, Edwardsville, Alton, Collinsville).
Travel: This position requires 25-50% travel, typically day trips (1-3 days per week). Occasional overnight travel (1-2 times per year) for conferences/seminars.
- Directly sell, market, and coordinate program energy efficiency services to large public sector entities that would include but not limited to municipal, county, state and federal agencies, public K-12 schools, community colleges, public universities, and associations/organizations that support the energy consuming systems in facilities on behalf of utility-sponsored energy efficiency programs
- Manage this existing market segment for Ameren Illinois with energy savings responsibility as the primary focus
- Work closely with existing territory Energy Advisors to broadly implement and market program energy efficiency incentives
- Ability to work on a range of projects from screening of applications, maintaining public sector relationships, executing programs, delivering presentations, participating in promotional events
- Perform sector market analysis and provide input in developing/modifying programs to meet changing market needs
- Coordinate and educate customers, and provide training for internal and external clients on energy related issues
- Work closely with public sector facilities, contractors, suppliers, and engineers to encourage energy efficiency practices in both existing and new facilities
- The Public Sector Energy Advisor will report to the Business Program Manager
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or other related Bachelor’s Science/technical degree with four plus (4+) years of relevant public sector experience such as: maintenance, project management, energy programs, utility account representation, key account management, or in the energy efficiency industry is desired.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to perform field sales type meetings and verification of pre and post installation of energy efficiency measures.
- The candidate should have basic general knowledge of public sector budget cycles, large building energy systems, construction practices, and/or the energy efficiency industry.
- Must be able to utilize initiative to develop relationships with customers, vendors and professional organizations to keep up to date and demonstrate knowledge of operational trends, energy efficiency technologies, practices, and regulations in electric and natural gas demand side management.
- Must be highly motivated, detail oriented, well organized, self-starting, have strong written and verbal communication skills, and work well in a team setting. It is critical that productivity and accuracy be demonstrated in performance of work.
- Must have willingness to learn, grow and expand capabilities.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software and computers in general is required.
We take care of our employees. Leidos seeks the best and the brightest, and in return, we invest in you, with an eye on your future, through career advancement, growth opportunities and continuous improvement via mentoring, formal and informal project management training and assistance with obtaining pertinent certifications. We challenge you to help solve some of the world’s toughest problems, and reward you with a welcoming culture that recognizes the importance of a strong work/life balance, as well as competitive compensation and benefits. We believe that diversity and inclusion make us all better and offer the chance to have fun and make a difference.
More Opportunities View All