Residential Solar Project Developer- Bloomington IL
StraightUp Solar is seeking a solar sales representative to generate sales of residential solar electric systems. A primary responsibility will be performing sales on sites and appointments at homes from pre-qualified leads. The position is based out of our Central Illinois office in Bloomington. Please send a resume and cover letter to Jobs@Straightupsolar.com.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Sales of residential solar electric systems
- Finalizing and signing contracts at clients’ homes with an emphasis on being a successful first-meeting closer when appropriate
- Utilizing online tools and conducting preliminary site evaluations to develop an initial system design.
- Analysis of customer’s current and projected electrical usage and financial return on investment
- Attending outreach events to discuss solar with potential leads
- At least 2-3 years in sales with a proven track record required
- Background in solar, other clean technologies, roofing, or construction, preferred
- Ability to calculate key financial metrics
- Consistently achieve sales quota
- Competency of the use of Gmail, Word, Excel, and CRM
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to deliver a high level of customer service
- Must be able to work weekends on occasion
- Must be very organized, self-motivated, and able to meet aggressive timelines
- Develop and maintain a strong referral network of satisfied customers that refer friends and family to StraightUp Solar
- Candidate must reside (commuting distance) to the Bloomington-Normal area
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift to 15 pounds at times.
More Opportunities View All