Senior Energy Efficiency Engineer Springfield, IL
Leidos is a premier national engineering-based management consulting firm. We are seeking a highly motivated candidate to join our team as a Senior Energy Efficiency Engineer for the Ameren Illinois Commercial & Industrial Energy Efficiency Program.
Ameren Illinois and Leidos believe it is very important to provide employment opportunity to the utility ratepayers that reside in Illinois. Therefore, there is strong preference for the successful candidate to be located in the Ameren Illinois service territory https://www.ameren.com/illinoi... (roughly the southern two-thirds of Illinois). The Ameren Illinois service territory includes several large to mid-size communities such as Galesburg, Quincy, Peoria, Bloomington-Normal, Champaign-Urbana, Danville, Decatur, Springfield, Charleston-Mattoon, Effingham, Mt. Vernon, Marion, Carbondale, and Metro East (Belleville, O'Fallon, Granite City, Edwardsville, Alton, Collinsville).
Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the time
The position is ideal for a person with excellent technical skills and energy engineering experience. The position will be responsible for:
- Reviewing technical energy efficiency (demand-side management) incentive applications for Ameren Illinois electric and natural gas business customers
- Calculating energy savings estimates and validating energy models
- Communicating technical issues within the project team while working closely with contractors, suppliers, architects, and project engineers.
- Maintaining proficiency in assigned areas of expertise and providing technical assistance and leadership to the program in those areas.
- Researching technology changes to support improvements to the program.
- Completing special assignments relating to technical and financial regulatory compliance, data collection and presentation, application design, or other tasks.
- Assisting in Innovation Team coordination and research
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (or related) with 3+ years’ experience in energy efficiency or similar technologies. High school diploma with an additional 5 years’ experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Basic knowledge of the operation of energy consuming systems within the commercial and/or industrial markets (HVAC, lighting, energy management systems, process steam, etc.).
- Must be able to work cooperatively and conscientiously on a team with both technical and non-technical members.
- Must have well developed communication skills and be able to express thoughts and ideas clearly and concisely in both verbal and written format.
- Must be well organized, able to conduct project tracking and capable of multitasking several complex and diverse responsibilities.
- Must have strong planning and time management skills, with demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and make unanticipated changes to production deliverables.
- CEM or LEED certification is a plus.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience with COMcheck, eQuest, Trane TRACE™, or Carrier HAP
- Familiarity with the International Energy Conservation Code (IECC) and ASHRAE Efficiency Standards
- Familiarity with Energy Efficiency Technical Reference Manuals
- eGood working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products, especially Excel
- Experience in the development and implementation of standards, procedures and guidelines for a process-oriented position.
More Opportunities View All