Senior Engineer, Energy Efficiency- Bloomington IL
The Senior Engineer, Energy Efficiency Programs will play a key role in the implementation of energy management for Rivian with a focus on energy efficiency and electrification. You will ensure that energy management best practices are carried out by the organization to maximize carbon emission reductions, while creating value through cost savings. You will identify energy efficiency and electrification opportunities through measurement and verification protocols, develop project proposals, and carry out implementation utilizing project management best practices. You’ll collaborate with Facilities, Construction, and Engineering teams to ensure alignment on priorities while driving adoption of energy efficiency and electrification measures.
- Conduct energy audits while utilizing measurement and verification protocols to accurately gather data and identify energy conservation measures as well as electrification opportunities.
- Build business case and reports on identified energy conservation measures and prioritize potential projects for management approval.
- Independently prioritize energy related projects based on environmental impact, spend, resourcing, and timing
- Initiate, plan, and implement projects from origination to completion with few set processes or instructions
- Manage vendors and the procurement process to implement projects
- Implement approved energy conservation projects, including vendor management to ensure acceptability of budgets, timelines, conformance to federal and state laws, or adherence to approved specifications.
Additional Responsibilities may include:
- Review architectural, mechanical, or electrical plans or specifications to evaluate energy efficiency.
- Collaborate with facilities design teams and engineers on topics such as Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) or Green Buildings.
- Prepare energy-related project reports
- 7+ years’ experience in energy management of various industrial and/or manufacturing systems including motors (VFDs), HVAC, industrial lighting, heavy mechanical, battery cell manufacturing and/or assembly, compressed air, etc.
- 2+ years’ experience implementing energy efficiency projects in a manufacturing and production environment.
- Experience with energy modeling, commissioning, or retro-commissioning of automotive manufacturing facilities.
- Experience identifying energy savings opportunities through measurement and verification. Ability to convert technical and financial information into project proposals for facilities and leadership approval.
- Experience in electrification of processes (i.e., conversion of on-site fossil fuel combustion of natural gas and/or propane to electricity).
- Experience in utility energy efficiency program application process (rebates, incentives, custom projects).
- Experience with total productive maintenance and related energy impacts.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering (mechanical or electrical preferred)
- Professional Engineer or CEM certification a plus
- This position is based in Chicago, IL or Normal, IL (preferred)
- Ability to travel up to 30% (post-pandemic)
- Suggested core working hours (8am - 5pm)
More Opportunities View All