At Caterpillar, we’re delighted to be making a significant investment in our Salesforce capabilities. We have an exciting and challenging opportunity for a Salesforce Software Engineer. Salesforce Software Engineers are part of an agile team delivering creative, sophisticated, and challenging applications on the Salesforce.com platform. The engineer is expected to work at all levels of the SDLC. They are critical members of the team and responsible for owning and executing delivery of custom solutions that are uniquely tailored to the prioritized business’ needs. Solutions will utilize all areas of the Salesforce.com platform and require the highest quality implementation built for scale, efficiency, and a great customer experience. They work with Product Owners, Scrum Masters and Business Analysts to understand the business needs and detailed requirements. They continue their development work with Quality Assurance Testers and Release Managers to delivering robust solutions to meet those needs. The Software Engineer contributes to design, development and deployment of Caterpillar’s state-of-the-art digital platform.
JOB DUTIES: Responsibilities of the incumbents are across functional lines with individuals assigned in new program development and/or maintenance of existing Salesforce capabilities.
- Competent to perform all configuration and development assignments without close supervision; normally assigned the more complex aspects of systems work.
- Works directly on complex application/technical problem identification and resolution.
- Works with the team on complex systems or infrastructure components that may be used by one or more applications or systems.
- Drives application development focused around delivering business valuable features
- Maintains high standards of software quality within the team by establishing good practices and habits
- Identifies and encourage areas for growth and improvement within the team
- Communicate with end users and internal customers to help direct development, debugging, and testing of application software for accuracy, integrity, interoperability, and completeness
- Performs integrated testing and customer acceptance testing of components that requires careful planning and execution to ensure timely, quality results.
- Employee is also responsible for performing other job duties as assigned by Caterpillar management from time to time.
The position manages the completion of its own work assignments and coordinates work with others. Based on past experiences and knowledge, the incumbent normally works independently with minimal management input and review of end results.
Typical customers include Caterpillar customers, dealers, other external companies who purchase services offered by Caterpillar as well as internal business unit and/or service center groups. The position is challenged to quickly and correctly identify problems that may not be obvious. The incumbent solves problems by determining the best course of action, within departmental guidelines, from many existing solutions. The incumbent sets priorities and establishes a work plan in order to complete broadly defined assignments and achieve desired results. The position participates in brainstorming sessions focused on developing new approaches to meeting quality goals in the measure(s) stated.
More Opportunities View All