Virtual Location: No (Remote work is NOT possible)
Illinois Rocstar is seeking a software engineer to serve on a team of engineers and scientists located in Champaign, Illinois. A firm understanding of programming, software testing, build systems, and DevOps, as well as a willingness to learn, is required.
Illinois Rocstar develops and implements modeling and simulation (M&S) tools for industry, science, defense, and security. In this full-time position, you will assist a team of engineers in design, extension, testing, maintenance, and modernization of several computational software products. You will collaborate with a group of high-performance computing (HPC) experts to develop cross-platform numerical simulation software. You will have the opportunity to present the results of your work through reports, papers, meetings, and conferences. As such, strong writing and communication skills are very highly desired.
- Design, code, improve, maintain, and deploy software using Python, C++, and related frameworks and tools
- Work closely with product owners and teammates to manifest requirements into a working application
- Create appropriate unit tests and adhere to in-house coding standards and best practices
- Software development industry experience (2-4 years with modern technologies)
- BS with 3+ years of industry experience, MS with 1+ years of industry experience
- Willing to live in/relocate to the Champaign, Illinois area (remote work is NOT possible)
- U.S. citizen or U.S. permanent resident required (no sponsorships available at this time)
- Programming experience (C++ and Python)
- Experience with parallel programming of large high-performance computers (MPI and OpenMP)
- Experience with scientific simulation software, especially open source options
- Experience with computational geometry and numerical analysis
- Familiarity with GitLab CI/CD
- Familiarity with DevOps, automated software testing and packaging pipelines
- Experience with numerical techniques such as finite element method, finite difference, domain decomposition methods, linear algebra, fast solver methods, etc.
- Qt-based software, GUI development
Desire to learn complex math and physics in a dynamic environment
More Opportunities View All