SOFTWARE ENGINEER – C#, JAVA
The Software Engineer will be part of a team that develops and supports Hierarchical Data Format (HDF) technologies. The successful applicant will also participate in development and maintenance of HDF5 software and HDF5 ecosystem (software built on top of HDF5). The applicant for this position should have interest in storage, data workflows, API design and implementation, performance optimization, problem solving, and must be comfortable working with other team members and collaborating with scientists and application developers. Experience with all aspects of the software life cycle is preferred. Travel to client sites, workshops, and conferences may be required.
Essential Job Functions and Key Responsibilities
- Participate and work as part of a software support and development team to maintain HDF5 technologies and HDF5 ecosystem.
- Work on the assigned projects.
- Write and develop technical documentation.
- Support the CI/CD processes for the building, packaging and deploying software across both Linux and Windows platforms.
- Communicate with The HDF Group customers and HDF5 users.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in computer science or software engineering; experience and/or training maybe considered depending on the nature and depth of the experience as it relates to current technologies.
- 3-5 years’ experience with C# and Java programming and strong working knowledge of .NET Framework.
- 3-5 years’ work experience developing production quality software.
- 3-5 years’ experience in DevOps/Software Configuration Management using version control source repositories such as Bitbucket and GitHub.
- Experience with software performance evaluation and enhancement.
- Experience with “agile” software development.
- Experience working with HDF5 software.
- Experience with C.
- Experience with C++.
More Opportunities View All