Solar Energy Sales/Estimator- Champaign IL
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
· Keep appointments with customers as scheduled.
· Meet with customer and/or contractor to discuss client needs, establish company value with client and set time for follow up presentation of a solar estimate and site assessment results.
· Create estimates & proposal using company bidding and sales strategy, always offer customers options and upgrades to enhance their Solar needs.
· Inform customer of all special promotions and offers available.
· Ask customers for permission to stake a job site sign when the job is sold.
· Create an efficient layout and design for the Sales to Management Handoff.
· Be available to answer questions that may arise from the manager.
· Calculate potential solar resources or solar array production for a particular site considering issues such as climate, shading, and roof orientation during the site assessment.
· Generate solar energy customer leads to develop new potential clients
· Assess sites to determine suitability for solar equipment, using equipment such as tape measures, computer software, and other necessary tools.
· Prepare or review detailed design drawings, specifications, or material lists related to solar installations.
· Provide technical information about solar systems to potential customers.
· Responsibilities include reviewing any and all special quotes, labor budgets and handing over all relevant project paperwork to the Installation Manager.
· Use the Energy Tool Base, ServiceTitan, and other programs necessary to put together a proposal.
· Fill out the solar intake form within 24 hours of being awarded work (signed proposal). Upload all necessary notes, drawings etc. to ServiceTitan, to adequately communicate the job to the solar department.
· Continue to build the company’s Solar customer base.
· Select solar energy products, systems, or services for customers based on electrical energy requirements, site conditions, price, or other factors.
· Gather information from prospective customers to identify their solar energy needs.
· Work with the sales manager and marketing coordinator to develop marketing strategies.
· Keep up to date with any necessary certifications, product knowledge, incentives, etc.
· Provide customers with information such as estimates, warranties, financing options, incentives, or tax rebates.
· Other duties as assigned.
• 2+ years consultative sales experience required
• New-business acquisition preference
• Goal orientated with a strong desire to succeed
• Solid organizational and sales pipeline management skills
• Strong understanding of the psychology of sales
• Strong interpersonal & communication skills
• Professional appearance
• High quality customer service skills
• Comfortable with operating a computer
• Good/great writing skills are a must
• Knowledge of industry preferred
• Valid driver’s license
• 3+ years Solar/Electrical Project Management Experience
• 3+ years Solar and/or Electrical Estimating Experience
More Opportunities View All