Substation Electrician 3rd Step Apprentice- Belleville IL
Position is utilized to respond to emergent substation problems and performs basic transformer testing to insure equipment integrity after fault events. The person filling this position will also be required to accept emergent callouts for response to substation problems as well as will be utilized to fill one man truck responsibilities during vacation periods. Position may include some travel to assist other areas within the Ameren Company on emergent projects.
Selected candidate will be enrolled at the appropriate level in the Ameren substation apprentice program and must progress through successful passing of the substation journeyman test. Responsible for working on a two or three man crew performing substation maintenance and construction project activities.
- replacement of Oil Circuit Reclosers,
- Overhauling Transformer Load Tap changers,
- Overhauling and maintaining Oil Circuit Breakers, troubleshooting AC and DC control circuits,
- trouble shooting voltage regulator problems,
- testing and maintenance of AC battery chargers and DC battery systems,
- repair/replace failed substation apparatus, and
- performing construction projects
- H.S. Diploma or equivalent
-Must have CDL permit (passed the CDL written test including combination vehicle and tanker endorsements, also passed the CDL physical) prior to the start of employment
- Journeyman level experience as lineman, industrial wireman, or power plant electrician. A substation journeyman card with completion of a substation apprentice curriculum preferred.
- Must meet residency requirements for emergency response call-out: Maintain a residence within 25 miles of work location specified.
- Must pass applicable aptitude CAST testing
More Opportunities View All