Transformer Field Testing Supervisor- Springfield IL
Hitachi ABB Power Grids is seeking a Field Supervisor for its Central US region. The responsibilities include to manage field service staff, analyze requirements, and assess changes for Transformer Equipment, and consult and negotiate with customers regarding installation, modification, and repair of Transformer equipment and products in customer field locations.
- Supervise a group or groups engaged in Transformer Field efficient Service activities in support of Company products and equipment.
- Resolve complex technical and logistic problems under general guidance
- Develop and implement measures to improve operations and customer relations
- Plan and establish work schedules, considering customer requirements, priorities, and availability of resources
- Assign work consistent with skills of staff to cost-effectively achieve objectives while concurrently implementing efforts to continuously improve field performance
- Monitor activities, anticipate, and recognize potential problems, and take appropriate actions to mitigate
- Inform other groups such as Business Development of potential opportunities for new business
- High School Diploma/GED and 9+ years of professional work experience, or Associate Degree and 7+ years of professional work experience. Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for Hitachi ABB Power Grids in the US.
- Thorough knowledge of field service operations and transformer field testing
- Knowledgeable and fully fluent in transformer installation and assembly, vacuum and oil processing, shell and/or core form transformer designs, and components internal to the transformer
- Proficiency with Load Tap Changer (LTC) maintenance and repair
- Experience welding above and below oil on transformer tanks
- Ability to act as the lead on field projects while communicating clearly and professionally to Hitachi ABB Power Grid's customer base
- Must have a valid driver’s license and ability to travel 90%
More Opportunities View All