Weatherization-Intern Champaign, IL
Champaign County Regional Planning Commission is seeking a Weatherization Intern to join our team providing services in Champaign County. Champaign County RPC is a people-focused agency made up of over 100 programs designed to generate possibilities for all within our community. A great deal of planning goes into creating opportunities where people can succeed on their own, and RPC is doing that work. From analysis to policy guidance to offering services to our communities, RPC’s people plan for people.
The Weatherization Intern will be responsible for assisting with the delivery of a variety of residential housing and rehabilitation programs. Specific duties may include attending trainings to gain program specific certification; providing assistance to architectural and mechanical contracts in the field; assisting with testing and final inspections procedures of client homes; answering LIHEAP client inquires and requests for services and refers clients to the appropriate department.
- Experience and exposure in trades and general construction
- Driver’s license and ability to visit home sites throughout Champaign County.
- Ability to pass criminal background check
- Ability to understand the vision, mission, and values of CCRPC and to implement in everyday work.
- Ability to handle program and client information in a confidential manner.
- Knowledge and respect for diverse cultures/lifestyles and problems of poverty in the community.
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbally.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions with minimum supervision.
- Ability to organize time effectively and to set work priorities.
- Good grasp of the English language (spelling, punctuation, grammar).
- Ability to meet the public and interact in a courteous manner.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other teams and agencies to provide resources and services meeting the client’s needs.
- Possess writing and mathematical skills sufficient to complete all paperwork requirements.
- Ability to work as a team member
- Ability to attend worksites regularly to perform job duties and responsibilities
- Basic working knowledge of housing/ residential systems, such as experience in general construction, housing inspections, etc.
- Ability to lift testing equipment (approximately 40 lbs.), climb stairs and ladders to access rooms, and work in confined spaces
More Opportunities View All