Wind Turbine Technician- Bloomington IL
The Main Purpose of this role is to perform maintenance and/or installation work on assigned wind turbines at an intermediate level. The Service Technician will follow defined schedules and procedures including safety protocol, turbine service and/or installation processes, and other verbal and written instruction and may make initial diagnosis of more basic or routine turbine issues. The Wind Turbine Technician is regarded as in "intermediate-level" team member on the technician team and will perform some customer interface.
- Wind Turbine Service technicians for projects throughout US. Alpha have Projects which are already ongoing, and duration from start is usually 2-3 months.
- We guarantee minimum 40 hours per week, mobilization fee, support with training at our own training facility in Houston, TX. and travel arrangements.
- You will be performing scheduled maintenance, with troubleshooting working in a team with OEM technicians by your side.
- Experience is mandatory, so please provide in detail your experience with various platforms.
- This position would be a 100% travel position
- Acts as a safety role model, encourages and recognizes others completing safe acts and intervenes when unsafe acts are being practiced. Adheres to all safety standards and procedures. Identifies gaps in safety standards as well as safety risks in the environment, implements effective risk mitigation and provides recommendations to higher level technical staff and management.
- Demonstrates and promotes integrity, strong initiative, as well as a no-compromise focus on safety and quality of work on a continuous basis.
- May assist with or perform basic quality audits of less experienced staff.
- Performs intermediate level wind turbine maintenance and/or installation tasks as assigned. This includes proficient operation and use of tools (including but not limited to specialized calibration, hydraulic, power tools) and basic turbine equipment. Documents tasks where required and enters data into company system, such as SAP.
- Effectively gathers information regarding turbine performance / issues. May diagnose, recommend, and implement solutions up to intermediate routine issues. Seeks assistance when encountering turbine issues outside trained skill level to ensure success in resolution.
- Follows basic structured problem-solving process to complete troubleshooting and diagnostic tasks to include the use of diagnostic tools (e.g. basic fluke meter functions, hydraulic pressure gauge).
- Independently initiates and performs most work tasks as well as follows defined instructions and maintenance schedules, executing plans as directed and performs according to written and verbal instruction from higher level technical staff.
- Effectively promotes strong team environment through assisting team mates in accomplishing goals as well as mentoring lower level technical staff. Visibly supports and promotes team spirit and cooperation and supports change initiatives.
- Proactively looks for improvement opportunities to job appropriate processes and procedures and communicates through appropriate channels or implements improvements using the appropriate control management protocol.
- Interfaces with customer and may respond to customer inquiries. Will refer complex customer inquiries to higher level technical staff or manager. Demonstrates strong customer focus always.
- This role will require travel, working overtime, including working a flexible and variable work schedule as needed to meet business objectives.
- Performs other tasks as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum one (1) year technical wind industry experience, OR six (6) months technical wind industry experience and a certificate of completion from a Wind Technician program, OR in absence of technical wind industry experience, minimum three (3) years' experience working with hydraulic, electrical, mechanical skills and/or composite skills
- Demonstrated use and understanding of intermediate level power tools such as hydraulic, power torque and diagnostic tools (e.g. fluke meter functions and hydraulic pressure gauge).
- Ability to demonstrate intermediate working knowledge of industrial safety practices / protocols (e.g. Confined Space, energy isolation).
- Valid Driver's License.
- Strong attention to detail and execution excellence.
- Good interpersonal and customer relation skills.
- Able to effectively collaborate with employees at all professional levels and ability to respectfully follow supervision and support initiatives.
- Basic computer operation skills, familiarity with internet-based program navigation, and ability to generate and interpret computer data.
- Ability to read, interpret and understand drawings and schematics to validate work activity and ensure that risks are identified and mitigated.
More Opportunities View All