Energy Advisor II Champaign, IL
Champaign County Regional Planning Commission is currently seeking an Energy Advisor II to join our team! Champaign County RPC is a people-focused agency made up of over 100 programs designed to generate possibilities for all within our community. A great deal of planning goes into creating opportunities where people can succeed on their own, and RPC is doing that work. This position is an excellent opportunity for someone who desires to make a difference in our community!
The candidate will work closely with program partners, contractors, utility stakeholders, and qualified candidates to develop energy savings projects for the residents of Champaign County and Central Illinois.
This position is responsible for conducting residential energy assessments and behalf of utility-driven energy efficiency programs and The Illinois Home Weatherization Program for the residents of Champaign County and the greater Central Illinois area. A successful candidate will coordinate and conduct home energy assessments for qualified program participants. The Energy Advisor II will analyze the client’s energy needs to provide energy education, install energy savings measures, and develop energy efficiency projects for the residents of Champaign County. The Energy Advisor II will conduct energy efficiency and safety testing, as well as installing energy efficiency measures including LED lightbulbs, faucet aerators and showerheads, and smart thermostats. This position will be responsible for completing and submitting program documents for project development, as well as participating in a variety of outreach and awareness-raising activities.
The Energy Advisor II will be responsible for assisting in the completion of Weatherization Assessments on behalf of the Illinois Home Weatherization Assistance Program (IHWAP). A successful candidate will be able to conduct preliminary assessments and assist in the development of energy savings models and project work scopes for the Illinois Home Weatherization Assistance Program. This position will complete an 11-week formal training, taking place over 6-months and provided through UIUC’s Indoor Climate Research Training Center, within 12 months of beginning the position.
- High school degree or G.E.D.
- 1-3 years of experience with residential construction, HVAC, plumbing, building inspections, or energy efficiency
- Building Performance Institute – Building Analyst/Envelope Professional Certifications, or comparable energy efficiency certifications are encouraged to apply
- Building Performance Institute – Energy Auditor desired
- Experience developing construction work scopes, bill of materials, or invoices
- A focus on modular, mobile, and site-built homes is a bonus
- Valid driver’s license and ability to travel throughout Champaign County and Central Illinois as necessary to conduct services in the program coverage area
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Proficient in English (spelling, punctuation, grammar)
- Spanish language fluency is desirable
- Ability to manage and maintain product inventory, equipment, and company vehicles
- Ability to fill out program documents completely, timely, and accurately
- User level knowledge of spreadsheets, databases, and report generating
- Computer skills needed to complete data entry and generate data reports in a variety of formats to support data analysis and program report functions.
- Ability to communicate conditions of the home and energy efficiency opportunities to a team of contractors
- Maintains a focus on best safety practices while adhering to program procedures
- Ability to handle program and client information in a confidential manner and report concerns as mandated
- Knowledge and respect for diverse cultures/lifestyles and problems of poverty in the community.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to accommodate special projects as needed
- Ability to pass criminal background check
- Ability to lift testing equipment (approximately 40 lbs.), climb stairs and ladders to access rooms, and work in confined spaces
More Opportunities View All