Clinton County Community Resources
Clinton County Resources serving the cities of Breese, Carlyle, Centralia and Trenton
Weatherization is a free service to those who qualify. It is a program designed to make homes more energy efficient. The goal is to create an energy efficient environment that not only is conserving energy, but doing so with health and safety being top priority.
Who is eligible?
- Owner-occupied properties whose household member’s income does not exceed the federal income guidelines.
- A household that has an occupant who receives S.S.I., L.I.H.E.A.P. or T.A.N.F. grant.
- Renters will meet the above criteria when the landlord accepts the terms of the weatherization contract.
What can a home occupants expect from the program?
- Whole house energy audit.
- Sealing cracks with weather-strip and caulk.
- Insulated attics and walls.
- Repairing windows and doors.
Weatherization services includes having an experienced heating contractor examine your heating system. If work is needed on your furnace, it may include one or more of the following:
- Clean and tune
- In some cases, replacement of the unit.
For further information, please click BELOW to contact the BCMW Resource Specialist:
625 North 2nd Street
Breese, IL 62230
It is the mission of the food pantry co-op, in partnership with the community and food providers, to educate and encourage food stability for those who face food insecurities and desire opportunities for self sufficiency.
Hours & Contact
Shopping Hours: DeWitt County:
Tuesday 9 am - 12 pm
Tuesday 1 pm - 4 pm
Location: 45 Cedar Square - Clinton, IL
Corporate Office Logan County:
Date: Wednesday 2 pm - 4 pm
Location: 1800 5th St. - Lincoln, IL
Who Can Participate:
- Anyone over the age of 18 may utilize the CO-OP program.
- One trip through pantry per week per household
- An orientation will be provided for all new members
- Emergency situations will be honored twice a year.
- Donations of food (perishable/non-perishable) and dry goods are always welcome.